Friday, November 11, 2022

Eilean nam Faoileag

We walked the shores of Loch Brora this morning in suitably Scottish weather, stopping briefly to look across its rippling grey waters to Eilean nam Faoileag, Seagull Island.

We've always held to the principle that, if one is to live in and make the best of Scotland's stunning scenery, one has to be dressed appropriately for its weather, so the rain did not interrupt the cheerful conversation with the friends with whom we were walking.

The trouble with walking and talking, and a reason why I enjoy group walks less than being alone, is that one is concentrating on the conversation rather than the surroundings; so, at the end of today's walk, I wondered how many things which I would normally have noticed had been missed.

As if to make a point, when I came to strip off my outerwear it had leaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment