Monday, June 12, 2023

A Portrait of my Father

This photograph of my father is in his album and is typical of him - always so very smartly turned out. There is nothing in the album to indicate where or when it was taken, although it does look like a studio portrait, but what intrigues me is that....

....he appears to be the same age and dressed in the same suit in this picture, where he is on a beach with his sisters Dolly and Hilda and his mother, Edith.

I would guess that his age in these pictures was late teens to early twenties. He was twenty-one when he left the UK to work in Port Sudan on the Red Sea, so I wonder whether this was the reason for the studio picture.

This can't be Yarmouth or Caister because of the steep cliff behind them so again I wonder whether this is my grandmother and aunts seeing him off in Liverpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment