Friday, July 19, 2019

On the Beach

This picture shows my mother and father on the beach at Nyali. Sadly, they are out of focus and the beach, for Nyali, is not at its best. The sun is full on their backs so it's late afternoon or early evening.

Nyali beach is usually blue sky, white coral sand with sea that's turquoise clear but, after a storm and a high tide has washed up seaweed all over it, it can be a bit of a mess. In the heat, the seaweed then rots, so an unpleasant smell is added to the mix.

The picture was taken in 1957 when we had the Hoey House, a beautiful bungalow which was set just back from the beach. While Richard, my mother and I spent as much time on it as possible, my father didn't like beaches so very rarely joined us, so I have no idea why he's sitting there, particularly when the beach is far from its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment