Friday, June 19, 2020

Foxgloves


The foxgloves here are just coming in to flower and are therefore at their best, so I took this picture to include on my 'page' of local wildflowers - here - and also a close-up....

....to show detail of both flowers and leaves, but a few days later....

....I took another photograph of this foxglove - for reasons I can't recall and which probably weren't very logical anyway - and noticed that both the colour shade and the pattern arrangement on the interior of the flowers were slightly different from the first, so....

....I began taking pictures of other specimens which were very different but also....

....those where the flowers hung in a different way. Then, of course, there were those whose flowers....

....were white.

I hadn't appreciated this species had such variety. Suddenly, I'm interested in foxgloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment