Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Alone

Here is another short story which I started by creating a situation and then allowing the tale to evolve on the computer screen. The story was okay but I didn't particularly like the ending and I would have done something to change it except a short story competition was coming up and, being short of short short stories - in this case, under 2,000 words - I sent 'Alone' off, and it won.

Once a story has won a competition it can't usually be entered for other competitions, so this one has sat for some time in the winners' enclosure in my computer's memory doing nothing. It's a waste as the competition I sent it off to isn't a particularly prestigious one and it might have done well in something much better.

The short story 'Alone' is available for download here. I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, another sad one! Descriptive and human. Thank you Jon.

    I enjoy my own company but last week, I was walking the length of the allotment when I noticed no birdsong. It was completely silent. I suddenly felt alone. With the sound of the birds, flies, bees; I am content to be away, anywhere. But take away the wildlife and it would be unbearable.

    ReplyDelete