Saturday, May 4, 2019

Aberporth

I know my memory is fading but a recent visit to Aberporth, a small and very pretty village on Cardigan Bay in Ceredigion, gave me a fright. My companions insisted I had been there with them before. They pointed to railway carriages converted into holiday homes which, surely, I couldn't have forgotten, and to a grassy patch on top of a spectacular cliff where - surely I remembered? - we had enjoyed a picnic. My recall, which is usually good for places, was blank.

Never mind. I'll remember Aberporth in future, not only for the village and the pleasant stroll along the clifftop but also for a linnet which sang to us and for....

....the first wild orchids I have seen in two years, in this case early purple orchids flowering amongst the bluebells, and for....

....good company the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment