Sunday, May 5, 2019

The Summers of 1992 - 1994

My children will have to correct me if I have some of my dates wrong but it seems to me that a great deal happened in the summers of 1992-4. For a start, Elizabeth graduated from Cambridge having read architecture at Sidney Sussex - the picture shows her at the graduation ceremony which took place in beautiful weather.

Katy took her A levels in 1992 and, although she had the option of going up to university, chose to go into industry, accepting a job at the French chemical company Rhone-Poulenc. Picture shows her in 1994.

David, who had followed Katy to our local comprehensive, The Plume, won an assisted place at Felsted, a public school in north Essex.

Rachael continued to demonstrate how a modern young lady dressed both formally and....

....informally.

The headmaster at The Plume had asked me to introduce geology at 'A' level so at the end of the 1993 summer holidays Gill and I spent a couple of nights in an hotel in Swanage while I collected fossils for the new geology collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment