Monday, May 18, 2020

A Wildflower Record

I'm woefully ignorant when it comes to identifying wildflowers. Worse, when I do manage to discover one, and even though I have taken its photo, looked it up, and added it to the collection of plant photos in the Photos album on my computer, when I next see it in the wild I am unlikely to remember it.

The flower in this photo is an example. We found it today on the Littleferry road and had no idea of its name, so took its picture - but when I add it to my album I found it was already there. It's common fumitory, and it's very pretty.

So I have started a wildflower collection page on this website. The link to it is in the right-hand column, under the heading 'Golspie'. I can even use it on my fancy mobile as I wander around the area.

Lacking as I do the excellent books I've been given, and finding the web quite difficult to work for identification purposes, I've been unable to name some of the flowers. If anyone can help with any of the nameless plants, or can correct any mis-identifications, that would be much appreciated.

The link to the page is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment