Friday, May 22, 2020

Long Bay Recalled

Sometimes a memory hits me so hard it overwhelms me, as happened this morning when we were walking along the coast track beyond Dunrobin Castle and looked along this bay. We've walked this way many times before and those occasions triggered nothing, but today there was a strong onshore breeze bringing breakers tumbling onto the beach, the sky was startling blue, and I remembered....

....this place, a bay along the much less frequented east coast of Jamaica, where we stopped the car just before we arrived at a lovely beachfront hotel called Long Bay. I think I took this picture the first time we went there but we returned as often as we could.

I'm not sure whether it is that I have this faded picture that the memory of the place and the moment is so vivid, or whether I would have remembered it anyway, but for a few seconds I was back there.

Link to earlier post about Long Bay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment