Thursday, March 28, 2019

Fishing

Tony and I had fished together in Jamaica, off Palisadoes, and in several of the rivers and carp ponds of the Welsh Borderlands, and when he and his family came to visit us at Lodge Road we thrashed the waters of the local Chelmer and Blackwater canal. To catch pike we first had to land enough live bait, usually small perch or rudd, but our efforts were rewarded when Tony landed this monster, which was duly cooked and eaten.

With Glenn, a local friend with whom I went fishing, we explored the possibilities of the Norfolk Broads. Tony and I are in the boat, picture taken by Glenn. I can't remember our catching very much on that occasion but Glenn and I did have some good fishing together, including nights out after bream.

David's seen here in fisherman's gear at Rushes lock on the  Chelmer and Blackwater canal in 1990. He seems to be enjoying the experience but I don't think he ever really took to the sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment