Friday, March 1, 2019

Richard's Family Visits

In August 1988 my brother Richard and his family came across from Australia for a visit. While they were in Maldon my mother invited Samantha, Richard's daughter by his first marriage, over for the day so this picture shows all the cousins along with Stefan, in red, Nancy's son by her first marriage.

My mother was very keen that, while they were here, the younger children should be christened, so Gypsy, Romney and David were christened by Canon Dunlop in All Saints church.

Tim and Liza Donaldson (at right) were David's godparents, and Katy's exchange, Kristel, was also at the ceremony.

By this time my father was very frail and this may have been one of the reasons why Richard came across.

We didn't see Gypsy again until 2006 when, after attending David's wedding in Edmonton, we drove to see my brother and Nancy in Seattle, and we haven't seen Romney since.

No comments:

Post a Comment