Friday, March 22, 2019

The Office - 2

Thank you Katy for sending another picture of the office particularly as it shows me in one of my favourite t-shirts. On the front it had a picture of a sable antelope with the caption MalaMala. It took me some time to discover - in the days before the internet - that MalaMala was the name of one of the earliest private game reserves, located in South Africa - link here.

It also shows some of my music cassettes with colour-coded spines, the colour indicating the artist/group, and the mass of ornaments I kept on the shelves, some of which I still have and some of which have been lost along the way.

The large photo seen in front of the computer, of a palm tree leaning out over a tropical beach, came, I think, from a calendar and I kept it because it so reminded me of a palm tree leaning in exactly the same way over the beach at Nyali. It was near the Hoey House (link to blog entry here), in which my parents were living in 1957 when Richard and I flew out for an idyllic holiday in a lovely bungalow right on the beach. I later framed it and it sits on my desk in front of me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment