Friday, April 23, 2021

To Tain

The most enjoyable thing about one of our occasional visits to Tain, during which Mrs MW pillages Lidl while I take a walk down to the town's pleasant frontage on the Dornoch Firth, is the wildfowl that gather close in to the shore. On a good day there can be hundreds of birds, mainly teal and widgeon but also shelduck, mallard, redshank, curlew and oystercatchers.  For a moment today the prospect was promising but a closer look revealed....

....a hundred very noisy gulls, two mute swans, one redshank....

....one pair of mallard and....

....half a dozen teal.

I didn't mind too much except that I feel I stick out amongst the other humans promenading there. They are all, without exception, being taken for a walk by a dog, and I feel a little.... ownerless.

No comments:

Post a Comment