Monday, September 21, 2026

A Damp Day

To make a change from yesterday's gusting winds today dawned still, and very wet, with large puddles along the tracks and....

....spiders webs picked out by raindrops. I walked up the hill to the point where I could see....

....Silver Rock clothed in mist.

It was always my intention to climb this hill for it must have a fine view all around but particularly across Loch Fleet - but I never got round to it and now it's probably beyond me.

At least the weather suited some, for there was a good selection of....

....fungi to be admired, including these two puffballs and....

....this tiny gill eking an existence out of a pile of chipped pinewood.

After yesterday's thrashing of leaves and branches the hills seemed very quiet, the dominant sound the calls....

....of hundreds of pink-footed geese trying to find a field where they would be left in peace to feed on the barley grains left by the harvester.

No comments:

Post a Comment