Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Confrontation

I recognise the grating sounds of anger of an annoyed robin but yesterday, as I was trying to relax in the back garden during a few moments' sunshine between the showers, I heard robin anger of unprecedented fury - to the extent that I took this photo of the source, what I thought was a lone robin but which turned our to be....

....the noisy robin apparently confronting a silent robin.

Was the one that was silent a female, and the noisy one an amorous male? This seemed unlikely at this time of year. Or was it....

....a very dominant male trying to frighten away a possible territorial rival? If this was the case, the rival seemed quite prepared to hold his ground in silent belligerence.

I didn't see the final outcome because I was distracted by....

....what I thought might be the last butterfly of the year, a red admiral.

No comments:

Post a Comment