Thursday, October 6, 2022

Something New

It's not that I feel a junkie's need for a shot of excitement every time I go out for a walk: I don't. However, it is good when, in amongst the things I saw yesterday and the day before on the same walk - like....

....the rooks and carrion crows and hoodies and jackdaws feeding, along with oystercatchers and redshanks, on bugs in the rotting seaweed and....

....the 'usual' cormorants arguing over who is allowed on which of the boulders and....

....the robin establishing his territory in the sea buckthorn that runs along the back of the beach - there's something new, something different, something slightly unexpected. Well, yesterday there was, in the form of three very late swallows hurrying south but today was even better because, for the first time in months and after the catastrophe they've suffered from avian flu, I spotted....

....a guillemot feeding close offshore.

No comments:

Post a Comment