Friday, May 10, 2024

Patience

This morning, as I approached the broken gate where the path we now follow to the shops leaves the coniferous planation, the sun finally cleared the morning mist, so I sat on an old log and watched, listened, and waited. It's the best way to see the wild things, as compared with dashing around the place trying to find them. It reminded me of my favourite hide in Tanzania....

....at Saadani, where I happily sat for hours waiting for something to appear - and was often richly rewarded for my patience.

Of course, what I saw this morning didn't compare with the game that came for a drink at Saadani but, over the half an hour I spent sitting on an increasingly uncomfortable log, a peacock, five orange-tips, a 'cabbage white' and a dozen or so speckled woods gave me great pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment